for the full article and more information please click HERE
article by: Jess Barnes
Disney has added more films to its streaming service and the standout is the 2019 live action remake of The Lion King. The film is now available to stream on Disney+.
The Lion King originally premiered in theaters on July 19, 2019. The film was one of the most successful releases of the year, taking the second place spot on the list of top grossing movies of the year, just after Avengers: End Game.
The film’s cast includes the voices of James Earl Jones as Mufasa, Donald Glover as Simba, and Beyonce as Nala. Fans have been waiting to hear their favorite stars and see a childhood favorite film brought back to life on the streaming service since its launch last year.
On Friday, Disney+ will also add new episodes of a few of their originals.
“Diary of a Future President” – Episode 103, “Disaster Relief”
- In an attempt to find her “reason for being,” Elena tries to become Orange Bay Middle’s Hurricane Watch Captain. Bobby prepares to go to “Miami Second Base” with new crush Monyca-with-a-Y. Gabi is excited to have her first real date with Sam, but family obligations keep getting in the way.
“Disney Family Sundays” – Episode 113, “Tangled: Paper Lanterns”
- The Wulf family lights up when they help host Amber Kemp-Gerstel work on a craft inspired by Disney’s “Tangled.”
“Lamp Life” (Premiere)
- Bo Peep makes a big comeback in Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story 4 and she leads the way in Pixar’s all-new animated short film, Lamp Life. Lamp Life answers the question of what happened to Bo since we last saw her in Toy Story 2. Join Woody and Giggle McDimples as Bo recounts her wild adventures. The film airs exclusively on Disney+.
“Marvel’s Hero Project” – Episode 113, “Soaring Seamus”
- Seamus wants to give back to those who serve–the men and women who are willing to risk everything to ensure his freedom. He created a fundraising organization that taps into his love of rock-climbing to raise money for the families of fallen and wounded soldiers, so they can keep climbing towards their own dreams. Seamus is already a hero, but now, he’s about to become a Marvel Super Hero.
“One Day at Disney” – Episode 109, “Rob Richards: El Capitan Organist”
- Rob Richards takes us on a historical journey of the mighty Wurlitzer Organ at the El Capitan Theatre. It has been his lifelong ambition to play the Wurlitzer for Disney, and after years of honing his craft in pizza parlors around the US, Richards fulfilled his mission to bring the Disney canon to audiences in a whole new way.